Popular Posts

Monday, November 27, 2017

PERMANT STATUS--UH-UH, --LOOK AGAIN!



LONG AGO IN MINNESOTA
A NEW ARRUM TID MADE THE NORSE HISTORY MORE PERMANENT.
TODAY, E. F. LEGNER

IS MAKING
NORSE IN AMERCA
MORE PERMANENT
.
For those of you, who are inquisitive, “Arrum Tid” means “Yearly Time” in Old Norse.

. By the time the new Arrum Tid picked up the scratching tools, the tradition was already set.
.
Besides repeatedly telling about the migration across the big sea in the east, the new Arrum Tid was to scratch a new pictograph for each year.
.
So we have an almost complete year-to-year record of Norse history for over a century with a known date—1362 to anchor the record.
.
Today, E.F. Legner knows that web sites can vanish when old men can no longer have funds to pay the server.

.

He has offered to host the Norse in America

on the University of California, Riverside computer.

.

University research computers are more permanent than month-to-month existence on a computer for hire.

.
Here is the ULR of NORSE in AMERICA.
.

"Permanent Status" lasted two days. On Nov 29, 2017 the link above was "inop."
.
This morning, Nov. 30, I could not find the "Norse in America" posts on E. F. Legner's web site.  So I could not check the status of the"Original URL" or the VIKING WATERWAY TOUR posts.
.
So read the rest of Nov 27th posts, with the knowledge that the references to U of Cal, Riverside are bogus.
.
I will have more comments at the end of this post.

We will review more of the links later, but for starters I want to mention two links now made more permanent.
.
See in the upper left the link “ORIGINAL ULR.”  If you tap on the link you will see “The Smithville Rune Stone."
.
Besides earning my reputation as someone, who understood Barry Fell, there are many other important issues in the post.  
.
Read it and I hope you will agree with me that knowledge from long ago should not be lost.
.
Then click on “The VIKING WATERWAY” link in the center column.
.
This was the booklet we prepared for the 2013 tour to show the 41 passengers on a bus the man-made terrain modifications in west-central Minnesota.
.
The Copper Haulers made the modifications about 4,200 to 3,700 years ago.
.
The VIKINGS, under the command of King Harold Hardrada, used the modifications to move about 200 sea-worthy boats from the Christian Sea to the Gulf of Mexico in the year AD 1064-65.
.
I suggest you study the VIKING WATERWAY one or two pages at a time.  Most people need reflection time to absorb what is in the book.
.
If you do study the booklet you will be able to relate to the episode when I write, “They used the VIKING WATERWAY.”
.
'Tis a simple statement describing about 18 months of freezing cold, carrying boats, and living off the land.
.
THANKS to E. F. LEGNER the knowledge of Christians in Arkansas 1,000 years ago and the details of the VIKING WATERWAY are now in a permanent place.
(SOMEBODY has GOTTA be kidding.)
.
MY COMMENTS
For the FIRST thing, someone worked long and hard to set up the  NORSE in AMERICA links on Legner's web pages. I had deliberately moved the link to the VIKING WATERWAY TOUR to my web site so the tour guides, if any, would have a booklet of information that the causal browser would not normally find.  But that ULR was listed #2 on the Riverside page of NORSE in AMERICA.
.
SECOND:  The Riverside pages showed links to about 20% of my LENAPE HISTORY research.  The links were in a plausible story.
That process took some thought.
The original contact should have been to ask me if Legner could use those links in the context shown.
.
THIRD:  I responded with links to the SMITHVILLE RUNE STONE.  Whoever was communicating with me did not know where to put the link.  Hence, the link was connected to "Original URL," when, in fact, the LINK was to the final post of the TRIP to FAR set of Posts.
.
FOURTH:  The "perment link" went inop two days later.
.
FIFTH:  This morning, I was not able to find the NORSE in AMERICA on Legners web pages.
.
SIXTH: I recieved this email this morning:
Nov 30, 2017, at 7:06 AM, E F Legner <legneref@ucr.edu> wrote:
Myron:
I wull be contacting the originators of the various links to request authorizations, which will take some time. (1)
When working with Rene Fell and Edo Nyland it was actually months before we got confirmations to
include all the text and illustrations.
As mentioned earlier On, I refrain from including a lot of links because that requires too frequent checking on their persistence.  For the
time being I will be referring solely to your web link, and I would appreciate having you notify me if the address is changed. (2)

Because of the increased threats of insect-borne diseases in this country I have been asked to update my link to their identify(3)

and control, that will keep me plenty occupied for awhile.  You can view my progress if interested at:   Medical Entomology.

(1)  The spook (I have difficulry believing a professor is up at 7:06 AM) is referring to a draft news article.  Links to MY posts are the only links involved.

(2)  I think the spook is saying, "You will not hear from me, but keep me informed.  Except for the tour booklet, I attempt to keep everybody informed ASAP.

.
(3)  The spook may be saying "So Long."
.
CONCLUSIONS
.
Just because I am PARANOID, does NOT mean there is NOT someone, somewhere, who does NOT want NORSE in AMERICA to become a pardigm in the kids' heads.
.
PERMANENT STORAGE in one massive computer is a trap.  True knowledge survives best if everybody knows the truth and everybody can store the truth on their own computer.
.
WHEN THE ENGLISH INVADED.
MOST AMERICANS SPOKE NORSE.


No comments:

Post a Comment